Tuesday 1 September 2015

Getting her wet


Getting her wet

Sailing  my little Corribee ‘Trivial Pursuit’ (I still don’t like the name!) is a delight. OK it was only a F1 on that first sail and not more than a F3 today. But the joy! The little boat with its terracotta sail catching every zephyr, lifted to windward, the helm light as a feather. Where comes this Junk rigs cannot go to windward rubbish?
Mind, I needed this! The day before had started in the gloom of the shed, then all of a rush, hauled out with a professional flourish. Mast up, boat in the water, sail aboard and up to you Mike! Then hours of torment. How can all those ’worm ropes’ I arranged so carefully just a week ago get in such a tangle? Slowly I established some order. The sail was hoisted and looking good. To hell with it! Start the outboard and cast off. Then an hour of gentle water-chuckling perfection. Oh yes, I like the Junk Rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment