Saturday 10 June 2017

Here we go again!

Here we go again!

Last year I had a little junk rigged Corribee called 'Trivial Pursuit' but having two boats was too much so I sold her. The following Spring I sold her companion the Twister ‘Shandie‘.

Total panic, I had no boat!

Curing this terrible state of boat-less-ness was not a problem as I had spied ‘Butterfly’ in the Autumn over at James Watt Dock, just a few miles away. Offer made and accepted, boat dangled from a crane and tapped for faults (nothing vital) money paid and a 1984 Coromandel (sister design to the Corribee) was mine

‘Butterfly’ is the Junk Rig version of the Corribee, almost the same underwater but with a total redesign of the cockpit and cabin. For me the most important change is an increase in sitting headroom. (making tea is now a pleasure) She has a 5HP outboard set in a well, so no more hanging off the stern trying to start stubborn uncooperative lumps of engineering.
The Galley has a spirit hob and reasonable stowage.
Forward is an almost double berth (if you discount the mast!) and plenty of ventilation including a hatch. Aft there is a generous quarter-berth.
Wonder of wonders, there is even an enclosed toilet area with a door!
Every time I board ‘Butterfly’ I thank the brilliant designer for all this and room for a fifteen stone sailor.

No comments:

Post a Comment