Thursday 13 August 2015

A little knowledge?

Today my Corribee was not delivered.
It is rumoured that in a land far-far-away there lives a band of happy people who know what they are doing? One day I may get to go there, but not today.
We had it all arranged. The boat yard, where my Corribee is sitting on its trailer, was expecting collection. The crew with the car know where the boat yard is and had a picture of the boat. They set off at nine AM and two hours later I had a phone call. “The lever on the hitch is locked. We cannot get the cup on the ball” I am some 80 miles away and so remain calm.
“That doesn’t make sense the yard towed the boat ashore last week on that trailer”
“Well  it will not open enough to fit” (This goes on for some time)
I get the yard manager to go check, but by now the tow has departed, without my boat.
He says there is no problem, the lever moves as it should, nothing is locked!
I phone the tow, their phone is on ‘answer’ for the next several hours.
When at last contact is resumed I explain that it is not possible for both statements to be correct. (kit locked, kit not locked)
Problem, I have to drive 200 miles tomorrow and shall not be back for a week.
(Mr Google has been consulted)

No comments:

Post a Comment